Confluence had problems starting up

mduduzi ndlanzi September 16, 2019

Confluence had problems starting up. when i make changes to confluence.cfg.xml with updated information, confluence fails to start.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2019

It sounds like your edits to confluence.cfg.xml are incorrect and it can't read the file.

You'll need to look at the errors in the logs to see what the problem is

i have copied the database from the old confluence to the new one and everything should be the same the only difference is the version on confluence, server and ip.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2019

You only said you were editing the confluence.cfg.xml in your question, so we had nowhere else to look, we have to assume you're getting that file wrong.

Now it seems you are trying to do an upgrade and migration without doing the upgrade properly.

You should split that into two parts.  Move the same version of Confluence on to the new server and then upgrade it.  Or upgrade first and then move.

i will try option 1 first to move the same version. and then upgrade it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events