Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence (guest) Access Won't Turn On, Why?

Paiton Swaim November 14, 2022

Hello, 

I am doing some testing with Guest access for Confluence and when I click the "on" button for Confluence (guest) access it does nothing. Regular confluence access seems to work but I cannot get that to toggle on for any user type. I cannot find any documents or community posts that talk about this. Any ideas?

I should add that it is not grayed out it just let's me click it, thinks for a second, doesn't turn on. 

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Oldřich Talanda April 4, 2023

Hi Paiton,
we had the same issue and our problem was missing the default group for guest access.

access.PNG

0 votes
Answer accepted
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2022

Hey @Paiton Swaim,

there's some documentation available for this beta feature of Confluence:

But can you explain to me where you see a toggle that is labeled "on"? Because I invited a new user as "Guest" and added the user within the space as a guest and managed the guest permissions but I never came across this toggle.

Best, Max

Paiton Swaim November 16, 2022

Hi Max, 

This is where I am adding guests but maybe I am in the wrong place. 

Confluence Guest Access.png

I went to directory in the instructions but that didn't seem to have the options mentioned in that documentation. Thoughts? 

I appreciate the help!

Paiton Swaim

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2022

Hey @Paiton Swaim

Wow, that's weird. Your admin hub looks like the old experience that should've been replaced since last year. See the announcement on the community - User management for cloud admins just got easier 

Maybe that's the connection to why it doesn't work. Here's an example of what it looks like on my instance:

Xnip2022-11-16_15-28-50.png

Maybe it's worth reaching out to Atlassian support to address this.

Best, Max

Like Paiton Swaim likes this
Paiton Swaim November 16, 2022

Thank you for screenshot and some reassurance that it might not be me missing something. I will reach out to Atlassian!

Like Max Foerster - K15t likes this
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2022

You're welcome and good luck! :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events