Confluence goes down everytime

AKASH BHARDWAJ March 10, 2015

Hi,

We have Confluence Instance with MSSQL database. Our Confluence Instance goes down pretty often.

I was looking for Database Pool connections but i couldn't find it under confluence-cfg.xml file.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

AKash

2 answers

1 vote
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2015

Akash,

The tomcat datasource statements are in <conf-install>/conf/server.xml. The pool connections are in <conf-install>/confluence/WEB-INF/web.xml. This last, when I upgraded to 5.7 perhaps isn't necessary (had some problems that Atlassian helped me out with) as they were commenting that it really doesn't add much to the performance.

I think, first, let us know if anything shows up in the log files that might provide a clue. Personally, I might take out the connection pool statements from the web.xml as well in case that is giving SQL Server fits with trying to handle too many connections at once.

On a more technical personal note, I would really consider just not using SQL Server; I've had nothing but anguish anytime I've had to touch it and, if you have the choice, go to PostgreSQL being, in my experience, faster, lighter, and far more reliable.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2015

What does the log file say is going wrong?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events