Confluence draft lost after another user saved an older version of the document

Marcello Salomao October 18, 2016

I was 2 hours into editing a document. I didn't hit save at any point, because Confluence said "Changes saved" in the bottom of the page.

Out of the sudden, another user saved an old version of the page.

There was no merge attempt or warning. I simply got a notification in the top right corner of the page saying that my changes were reverted.

I couldn't "undo" the changes in the editor - I lost all my undo (command/ctrl + z) history.

I couldn't find my changes in my Confluence drafts, they simply weren't there.

I also couldn't find my changes in the document history.

In a split second all my edits were lost without any possibility of recovery.

Very frustrating. But I understand it's the beta version of Confluence with real-time collaborative editing.

Please address this issue. Users should, at the very least, have an option to undo their teammate's changes. Or their draft should be saved before it is completely overwritten by an older version of the document.

1 answer

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2016

what do you mean??????????

Marcello Salomao October 18, 2016

Sorry, this page was incredibly slow at the time I was posting, and I didn't know whether my ill formatted went through or not. I pressed "enter" quickly, thinking that this was a search query refinement page and the page proceeded to take forever to do anything.

Design July 17, 2018

I'm having the same problem as well. @Marcello Saloma did you manage to figure it out?

Thalles Rodrigues August 13, 2018

The same just happened to me. Only (very little) part of the content was saved. All the rest was lost without any way of undoing either at my screen or the other user's.

Any updates on this?

MA April 7, 2021

Just got the same issue.  Any response from Atlassian?

This one happened on Jira Cloud instance of Confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events