Confluence displaying version 1 of attachments only

Ben Hilsden January 27, 2017

Hi,

Weird one this. Couldn't find anything about it on the web, but apologies in advance if this is a duplicate.

We're experiencing an issue with Confluence only displaying version 1 of some attachments. An example: We have a document that has 2 versiona. Version 1 is an unsigned contract, version 2 is a signed contract. Confluence is only displaying version 1 (unsigned). However, if we choose to download the file, it downloads version 2 (signed contract).

The usual steps such as clearing browser cache / history etc has been done. This is effecting all users. Firefox, Chrome & Edge all tested. Same issue on all.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Ben

1 answer

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2017

Hi Ben,

Is that happening on the page, or in the Attachments, or both?

Ben Hilsden January 31, 2017

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your response. This is happening on both. As mentioned though, if downloading the attachment it downloads the most recent version, however displaying it through Confluence is the issue.

Cheers,

Ben

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2017

Hi Ben,

If I've understood you correctly, only one attachment is showing on the page, and only one attachment is showing in the Attachments, but if you download that attachment, the other attachment is downloaded, even though you can't see that attachment.

That's a really odd scenario, but most likely caused by the link between your instance and the database.  Attachments are stored away from the page, and when I've had weird attachment issues in the past (although I've never had this one specifically) Atlassian have reset the Confluence > DB link and all was resolved.  As no-one else has chipped in, you might want to call Atlassian and ask for their process for this (or their advice, as they almost certainly simplified their explanation for me).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events