Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence : date picker format

richardofrugeley August 16, 2018

re: https://atlassian.design/server/patterns/date-picker/

We have recently upgraded from Server 6.6 to 6.10. The date picker used to expect the format dd/mm/yyyy but now is mm/dd/yyyy.

Is it possible to change it back, either per user or for all users?

2 answers

2 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2018

Hello Richard!
The Date Picker format is based on the locale selected by each user. For example, if your user has select US english as language, the date format will be set accordingly.
In your user settings, you can change this:

- Login to your user
- Click the user picture in the top right corner
- Click Profile
- Click Settings
- Select the desired language under Language section under Settings
- The date picker should change to fit the new language

Let us know if this helps you!

richardofrugeley September 3, 2018

The Settings picks up the browser's language setting, which is now English (UK). The date picker is dd/mm/yyyy.

0 votes
Chris O'Gorman August 20, 2019

Hi, I cannot adjust the date format either. The format prints as 12 Aug 2019. Not very clean when exporting to Word. Any recent developments on this issue? I don't think changing the language will work for us. Thank you 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2019

Hi Chris,

I will share here as well what I wrote to you on your own thread about the subject, in case other users come across this thread in the future.

The date picker is based on language still at this time, but below are some articles on how to change your language in Confluence Cloud.

We have a feature request below to be able to configure that outside of the language settings:

Thank you for your understanding!

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events