Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence - connecting LAN users

Dean Turner November 11, 2014

Good Day

please can some guide me as to how to connect users.

i have setup the email invite , but the links dont work

i have tried to open ports on the workstations but this doesnt seem to work

please assist so i can start my trial

thanks

3 answers

0 votes
TinA November 12, 2014

Hello Dean,

If you are hosting confluence in your local area network you will need to ensure that your network firewall allows access to the port you configured for Confluence. Not only do you need to check the network but also check your operating system firewall for the same set up.

If you are connecting from your computer, by default the login URL would look like: http://localhost:8090

How ever this is for your own computer if you have other people from your network connecting to it you will want to ensure that you have a static IP address or internal DNS pointing to the static IP for the server. This is an example of a basic home network dynamically assigned single IP that your other LAN'ed computers can connect to.

http://192.168.1.1:8090 

Now keep in mind that these numbers are not solid and they are based off of basic configurations. They will vary on your environment. You should know the IP's configured on the Confluence server and ensure that it is static and not dynamic to ensure that there is no confusion when an IP change occurs.

If you have any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.

-Regards,
Tin Nguyen | Confluence Support.

0 votes
Dean Turner November 11, 2014

Hi Adrian i have tried the email link, and tried to copy the link from the setup , but still no luck. running it directly on the server is no problem. all the workstations dont have a problem connecting , as we use the server for other applications. i have restarted the server, reset the service, but cannot connect from a workstation is there a need to install the software on the workstation??

0 votes
Adrian Moerchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2014

Have you tried to ping the IP of the host directly. Maybe just a dns resolution problem. Also you may not have set the correct "base url" in Confluence, so the link renders with "localhost" or something like this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events