Confluence backup

Benjamin Markendorf January 10, 2023

Dear Confluence Team,

we need a specific page in Confluence from December 2021.
Do you have such a backup from the web server in this period where you can send us this information on the page?
The history was removed by an ex-employee.

Many greetings,
Benjamin Markendorf

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2023

Hi @Benjamin Markendorf , welcome to the community.

Let me first state that I am a user of Atlassian products like yourself. The community is primarily a user forum, though there are a number of Atlassian team members that respond here as well. For actual support you would go to support.atlassian.com.

With that said there is no way to recover deleted content short of restoring the entire instance from backup. Obviously the risk here is that you may lose more content than you would gain back.

Benjamin Markendorf January 10, 2023

All right, then I know.
Thank you for the answer.

1 vote
Danny Grenzowski _Rewind_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 14, 2023

We built Rewind for Confluence for this exact problem - hard deletes can't be recovered by the platform itself, but Rewind can do this automatically for you.

However, unfortunately, it will only help you with data recovery after it is installed.

Feel free to trial it free for 30 days and let me know what you think!

Thanks,

Danny from Rewind

Benjamin Markendorf February 15, 2023

Dear Danny,

Many thanks for the feedback.
We have come to terms with the fact that there are no backups.
But thanks anyway for caring.

Greetings,

Benjamin Markendorf

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events