Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence access

Vicki Hill August 4, 2014

I have a collegue who has come back from maternity leave but I am unable to activate her confluence account. It looks like the process has changed. Can you help.Conflue

7 answers

0 votes
Vicki Hill August 5, 2014

The error says invalid creditentials and then when we try to reset password and get the email. We click on the lick and it ssays the link has expired. Should be valid for 24 hours but its not. We click it straight away.

0 votes

I do not see a link associated with the username and does not show disabled by her username. The error she got when she tried to resent her password link was saying username not found but its in the system.

0 votes

The error says invalid creditentials and then when we try to reset password and get the email. We click on the lick and it ssays the link has expired. Should be valid for 24 hours but its not. We click it straight away.

0 votes
Deleted user August 5, 2014

I can't answer for Confluence OnDemand, but for hosted:

1. Go to Gear Icon => User Managment
  2. Search for your user
  3. User will likely have (disabled) by username. You cannot reset the password of an inactive user through self service.
  4. Click the username link.
  5. Click enable link.
  6. Click reset password link.

User should get an email and be able to log into Confluence and reset password.

0 votes

Answers below to your questions

• Are you using OnDemand Atlassian Hosting or Standalone? Ondemand I believe
  • Where do these User accounts live? NZ Active Directory? An LDAP directory? Just the built in Confluence directory? Just the built in one

'Karen' should have been able to use the self-serve Reset my Password function as well. She did that but said she was not set up.

0 votes

Hi

No that doesn’t help.

What I need to know is how to rest or reinstate a person. We have a person Karen who was unable to reset her password or log in after she had been on maternity leave. In the end I had to create a new a/c for her but I had to change the address of the old account to a fake email address, so I could set her up again. I just want to know how you reinstate the person. .

Thanks

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2014

Vicki, I'm afraid you're going to give us more information.

• Are you using OnDemand Atlassian Hosting or Standalone?
  • Where do these User accounts live? Active Directory? An LDAP directory? Just the built in Confluence directory?

'Karen' should have been able to use the self-serve Reset my Password function as well.

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2014

If you are using confluence OnDemand, refer to https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Managing+application+access

If you are using Confluence standalone, refer to

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Giving+People+Access+to+Content

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events