Confluence WAF

Rafal Niznik December 18, 2018

Hello People,

I have Confluence configured in internal network and I use WAF to allow access from external. Currently I use plain HTTP so all connections from external are coming on port 80 and WAF redirects to port 8090

I have added following server configuration  proxyName="example.com" proxyPort="80"

Based on above configuration external connection works fine and users are able to add, edit, and save pages. Problem comes when confluence is accessed by internal users but from internal I cannot set WAF so currently they must access URL:8090

Issue is when they try to add, edit or save page and than error message shoes incorrect proxy configuration.  

Does anyone knows how to solve that so internal users also can edit pages?

Thanks for help

Raf

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2018

The users need to use the base url for access, and as you've got that on http on the WAF, you need them to use that.  You will have to set the WAF to allow internal users to use the url as well as the external users.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events