Confluence Upgrade - Build Number issue.

Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2013

I had a local OnDemand test instance installed. I wanted to upgrade the content for a demo and made a back of the OnDemand instance to import into the test instance. The OD install I was running is 5.1-OD-9. I rebooted the server and got a build error so I downloaded OD version 5.1-OD-13 and upgraded to it. Still receiving the same build error.

Any ideas? Here's the exact error:

Confluence will not start up because the build number in the home directory [4323] doesn't match the build number in the database [4332].

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2013

Hello,

You may want to check your <confluence_home>/confluence.cfg.xml. Ensure that your license details were not wiped out. A quick and dirty hack is to change your build number in this file to the number confluence expects. You may also want to truncate the versions table inside Confluence.

I am just curious what you are trying to achieve here. Are you pulling down another copy of data from your OnDemand instnace to a local install? If there is data in your local instace you can do without you could also just perform another xml export from OD and import into a fresh 5.1-OD-13

Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 18, 2013

Thank you for the guidance. Yes, I was trying to pull another copy of data from the OnDemand for local install and maintain the add-ons, etc. Was hoping to save time and it appears it's cost me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events