Confluence Server Failed! What is the best way to migrate to Cloud?

Clif Hodges March 10, 2021

We have a Confluence Server on an EC2 instance and in attempting to upgrade to Confluence Cloud, our server died, and the upgrade failed. 

Do we need to resurrect the server or can we migrate the data directly from the database?

I saw that the Migration Assistant can migrate from Server. I assume this needs a running server to work. Is this the recommended method for this particular scenario, or is there another method we could use?

EDIT: We have an existing cloud site and would like to keep the data that exists there as well.

1 answer

1 vote
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2021

@Clif HodgesYour situation seems complicated.

When you want to move to cloud, you need a server backup.  You can't just "import" from the database.

That said, merging existing server data into a cloud instance is quite complicated.

From what I heard, it is simpler to have your server running, then import the cloud data, and then import these combined data from the server into a (new) cloud instance.

Good luck!

Clif Hodges March 11, 2021

OK that makes sense. It seems this is going to be even more complicated than I'd hoped. As per this process:

"have your server running, then import the cloud data, and then import these combined data from the server into a (new) cloud instance"

Would it be best to use the migration assistant?

Thanks for your help!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events