cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Search Question

Gaurav Mishra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2013

Hey Guys,

In one of our spaces, people create blogs for different releases of their product. They are trying to create one Page in Confluence where they can put all their releases and their respective blogs by searching for a specified time interval. For example, all blogs between 1-Feb to 15-Feb is Release 3.1. I can not achieve this with confluence search plugin because I don't see an option to set absolute date, rather it takes relative dates like 15d. In our case, that is irrelevant.

I know labels can be used, but that will be an extra manual step, which might be missed. So can you guys suggest something to search in absolute time frame rather than relative?

We are using confluence 3.5 now, but are moving to v5 soon. So I am looking for a solution which can work in v5.

thanks,

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Isaac Montes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2013

There is some documentation on searching using metadata, but not 100% sure it will work.

http://wiki.customware.net/repository/display/ATLASSIAN/Searching+Confluence+-+Advanced+-+Metadata+With+Lucene

Hope this helps

Gaurav Mishra
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2013

Hi Isaac, thanks for the link. It's much better than what Atlassian has on their site. One thing I missed to note is that I want this to be available as a macro so that user can put it in a page and that page will show all the pages created within the specified time frame, makes sense?

I am able to search the created pages within time frame using "created:[20130301 TO 20130315]" to search all the created pages within the time frame of 1st Mar to 15th Mar, now I only need to put that thing in a page so that whenever someone visits that page, he can see all the results.

Can you think of something?

1 vote
Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2013

Hi Gaurav,

The functionality doesn't exist natively to search via specific dates. There are add-ons available free that allow you to customize search forms to your requirements:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.adaptavist.confluence.advancedSearch

The documentation for the add-on can be found here:

http://www.adaptavist.com/w/Plugins/free/advanced-search/#documentation

This will take some custom work, but most times getting an application do do exactly what you want requires that! Hope this helps.

Gaurav Mishra
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2013

Hi Ryan, I can search confluence using absolutes dates (see my comment to Issac), however, I don't know how to put that query in a page. is there a search box macro kind of thing where I can provide the same parameters as Standard Confluence Search and it gives me exactly the same results? The Default Search Macro does not have this option, I tried to put my Parameters but its not working.

The plugin you posted the link is not compatible with C5, and I don't see any details on how I can search via date either. There is also a plugin by Atlassian, but I can't access the document, https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/wiki/display/CAS/Confluence+Awesome+Search+Home

0 votes
BernardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2013

Hello,

According to my understanding I don't know any way to find such pages by date, however I found here this feature request:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-5785

I believe this is the same request, so we hope that it can be implemented in a future version.

Gaurav Mishra
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2013

Hi Bernardo, you can search confluence using created / modified parameters in search results. See Issac's link for this. thanks for taking the time to answer though.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events