Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Rest Impersonation Calls

Nicolas Duciaume March 29, 2021

I'm currently developing an app through springboot which allows to input a json file containing inactive or expired users information. With this information I am required to search up many thing like personal spaces, spaces and pages watched, etc. But a few think that I must fetch Drafts and Tasks, are personal to the user thus I can only access my own Draft and Tasks because the authorization for the rest call contains my user login and password. I then heard about impersonation calls. Through what I have seen discussed on these forums I get conflicting messages, some people say that you cannot do impersonations calls for confluence and some say that you can. I wish to know if it is truly possible and how I would go about doing this through Java/SpringBoot. 

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

Hi @Nicolas Duciaume , 

How about writing app with the REST end point which will expose needful info?

Then you don't need impersonate, you can just use UserAccessor, ContentManager other interfaces

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events