Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Plugin install problem (License N/A)

Antoine Gehl August 22, 2012

I have these errors when I try to install some plugins :

2012-08-23 14:57:25,348 WARN [http-8080-6] [plugin.licensing.internal.LicenseRestrictionServiceImpl] applyRestrictions Restrictions Failed with the following errors This plugin license is for server Id: "N/A" - however the server Id of this system is: "B2XN-501A-1RPL-0ULX".

I had a problem before with Confluence License Key. By default my License Key was N/A (I don't know why) so I fix it following instructions described on this page : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Server+ID+Shows+as+$action.serverId+or+$action.sid. So now in my BANDANA Table and in my config.cfg.xml it's this serverid B2XN-501A-1RPL-0ULX but now I have some issues when I try to install plugins.

Have you some ideas ?

NB : we are using Confluence 4.2.6

2 answers

0 votes
AlysonA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2012

Glad to hear that. =)

Indeed the error messages are a bit misleading here. In case you're using MySQL it is possible that your logs contains "MySQL packet size" errors. Anyway, good to hear things are working now!

0 votes
AlysonA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2012

Hello there,

If you can confirm both confluence.cfg.xml file and the BANDANA table contains the correct server id then I suspect this might be something to do with the plugin you're trying to install, can you confirm this is happening to all plugins?

You might want to wipe out the content from the following folders:

* The _<confluence-home>/bundled-plugins_ folder
* The _<confluence-home>/plugin-cache_ folder
* The _<confluence-home>/plugins-osgi-cache_ folder
* The _<confluence-home>/plugins-temp_ folder
* The _<confluence-home>/bundled-plugins_language_ folder

This will discard any malfunctioning plugins.

Antoine Gehl August 23, 2012

Thanks Alyson !

I try that but when I do that and relaunch app, most of my plugins have dissapeared so I turn back. I think I have found the problem because after relaunch I have tryed to install others plugins as you said but someone hadn't exactly the same error.

After analyse and make a "df -h" on my unix server I found the problem :) Free space = 3MO :s. I think errors in logs was not the good errors (or was not catched correctly). I give more space and it solve my problem :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events