Confluence Pages that Nobody can Access

Joe Zulli April 22, 2013

Hi everyone,

I recently did a migration from an old, installed version of Confluence to Confluence OnDemand. We did not migrate users over because we had already been using JIRA on demand, so we wanted everyone to use their JIRA users for everything.

Unfortunately, this has resulted in several pages getting migrated over that now nobody can access. This is because there are page level restrictions that point to users whose usernames are now different, or otherwise no longer exist. I'm the admin, and I can't even get to them. I also do not have access to remove or modify the page level restrictions. I read that the way to fix this is to log in as a user with the "confluence-admin" priviledge, but that seems to be impossible with OnDemand.

How can I free up those pages?

Thanks in advance!

Joe

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Chung Park Chan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2013

In my opinion, there are 2 ways to overcome this. First, you migrate the data from the installed Confluence again. But before you do so, you are the "confluence-admin", in which you can see all the restricted pages. So, remove the restrictions yourself, and then migrate them into OnDemand. However, by doing so, you might lose the latest data that have been created in the OnDemand, because the migration would wipe out your instance.

Secondly, you would have to log a request through Atlassian Support to remove the restriction for you. This is much easier way, I presume.

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events