Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence PDF Export without links

Jan-Lucas Panskus September 21, 2018

Hi,

I would like to export confluence pages without enabling links.

Use case:

We have release notes that reffer to / show JIRA Tickets. The confluence pages with the release notes should be exported as PDF and handed out to our partners. 

The problem is that they don't and mustn't have access to our confluence and JIRA. So when they open the PDF-files, see the links and click on them, they don't see anything due to no access to our systems.

So is there any possibility to customize the PDF export in a way that there are no links in the exported PDF?

2 answers

2 votes
Thomas Rough _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2018

Hi Jan-Lucas, 

Had you considered using a third-party app to meet your requirements?

Our app, Scroll PDF Exporter would enable you to export Confluence pages and choose whether you wish to enable or disable links in the PDF export to external websites or Confluence pages. Would this be of interest?

Alternatively, we also offer macros that integrate with our app, allowing you to have content displayed in Confluence but ignored in the export or conversely, hidden from Confluence but included in the export

Should you wish you can try our app for free for 30 days from the Atlassian Marketplace. If you have any questions feel free to reach out to us via support@k15t.com.  

Cheers, Thomas (K15t Software) 

Jan-Lucas Panskus October 9, 2018

Hi Thomas,

thanks, for your response.

We didn't consider using a third-party app yet, but Scroll PDF Exporter looks like it could solve our problem. 

I'll try the 30 days trial version.

Best wishes, Jan-Lucas

0 votes
Darren S_ Eyers March 23, 2023

Tried the plugin but does not yet have options for Jira Issue to:

1. remove Jira link (use if forced too)

2. remove Jira ticket summary and keep the Jira no (what I want)

3. as 2 but keep summary and not Jira no (probably not use)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events