[Confluence] Method not allowed with this referer - Find new apps

gil May 16, 2019

I'm administrator of a Confluence instance but when I try to get new apps (plugins) I got this error : `Method not allowed with this referer`

Confluence error.pngI cannot find a clue on internet.

2 answers

2 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2019

Hi Gil,

Welcome to Community! It's nice to meet you.

I found an example of a user with this issue in the Cloud support queue, and the issue was with an Ad Blocker add-on they were using in their browser.

Could you check if you have any ad blockers? If that's not the case, then you can try disabling all of your add-ons in your browser. See if the issue goes away. Then you can re-enable them one at a time, until the issue returns.

If the issue persists even with all add-ons in your browser disabled, can you tell me if other users on the instance are having the same problem? Does it persist across networks and various web browsers?

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Shannon

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2020

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for sharing your solution! If you are able to this as a separate answer below, I'll be happy to accept your answer. That way, the question will be marked as answered, and it can help other users if they have the same issue and come across this question.

Thank you,

Shannon

Like Ryan Carpenter likes this
0 votes
Ryan Carpenter October 16, 2020

This error concerns the HTTP header Referrer-Policy.

In my case, the Private Internet Access VPN plugin caused the error. The solution was to de-select the "Disable website referrer" option in the plugin's settings. I also found that

• turning off the VPN plugin eliminated the error, but adding Jira/Confluence to the whitelist did not. Evidently, adding sites to the whitelist does not bypass all functionality of this particular plugin.
  • disabling Nano Adblocker and Nano Defender (uBlock Origin) had no effect on the error from Jira/Confluence, so the VPN plugin was the sole offender.

In brief:

1. Find the setting or plugin that is preventing the browser from sending referrer information in the http response header.
  2. Change the setting or de-select the option to disable refferer information—or in other words, make sure the browser allows referrer information in the header from Jira/Confluence.

2020-01-30_17-53-14.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events