Confluence - MS Word Images not appearing after Confluence Upgrade

Thomas B
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2018

Hello everyone,

After upgrading Confluence Server 5.9.5 to 6.6.0, I am coming across an unusual issue with all of my MS Word documents. Using the MS Word macro to display word documents on the screen is working fine but any word documents that were existing before the upgrade, do not display the images within the word document. All text, bullet points and numbering is still displayed... everything except images. To fix this issue, I have to open each MS Word document and make one simple edit. Making an edit allows all images to re-appear and we are good to go. Problem is, I have over 5000+ MS Word documents with this same issue.

All in all, no information is lost but the MS Word images are failing to appear unless I edit the document and save. Any suggestions? 

I don't see many others with this issue. 

1 answer

0 votes
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2021

Hi @Thomas B 

did you find a workaround for that? We are having a similar problem... not so many documents but really don't want to to edit all of them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events