Confluence Login Loop

I have a somewhat odd problem logging on to Confluence. If access Confluence using the IP (https://<ipaddress>:8443) it works. If I use the FQDN of the server (https://my.server.biz:8443) the website returns to the Login page instead of just logging in to the start page. Everytime it does this, it seems to be generating a new jsessionid. This only happens with Internet Explorer. Firefox and Chrome work fine. Where do I have to tweek IE to stop to get this to work?

3 answers

Check if you have correct Server Base Url in General Configuration of Confluence.

I changed the Base URL from the IP to the FQDN, but that didn't change anything. Thanks for the quick answer though!

If you are using proxy server between IE and Confluence, try without it.

Try enabling/disabling "Compatibility view" in IE for particular URL.

Also - try testing from different computer.

Not sure if this helps, but you may want to try and delete the browser cookies (ctrl + shift + delete).

I've noticed this happening on all browsers and at least Confluence, Jira and FishEye. Every time this happens, I delete the cookies for that specific domain and all goes back to normal.

HTH

I tried that, unfortunately, no joy. Thanks anyway.

This is still not working. :-( I went so far as to setup a new Virtuel Win7 Machine and I still got the login loop. That tells me the problem must be in Confluence, since the Browser was completely new, without any cookies at all. I can't fathom what could be so different between IE and Firefox and Chrome. The Base URL doesn't effect this either. Perhaps there are other tweeks in Confluence, but I can't seem to find the right one.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 11, 2018 in Confluence

What are your project planning tips?

Hello Community,  Jessica here from the Confluence product marketing team! Today I wanted to get your takes on project planning –– what works, what doesn’t, how do you know if you’re doing it r...

310 views 1 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you