Confluence - Locking user group to specific space

Brandon Pal June 20, 2013

Hey all,

We are using confluence for many departments and are currently adding in our customer sucess department (CS). We only want our CS department to be able to access the CS space. We do not want them being able to see other spaces and when they search we only want them to see results from the CS space.

From what I have read we will need to remove the CS users from the confluence-users group and then that should make it so they only what they have permission for.

I have removed the test user from confluse-usersbut she is still able to see all spaces and search all spaces.

Where am I going wrong?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AndrewA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2013

Hi Brandon,
I'm not sure but I think the confusing here might be the idea that if a user is logged in then they will not be able to see content which is set to anonymous access only. On the contrary, if a user is logged in they have their permissions in addition to all permissions allowed to anonymous users. That is to say, if the CS gorup has no permisisons to the space but anonymouse access is enabled then the CS gorup will use the anonymous access permissions to use the space.

Cheers,
Andrew

That's what I thoght. Thank you. I'm going to disable anonymous access on all my spaces and then it seems that I will be able to lock down CS to only the CS section.

Thank you.

0 votes

It looks like Anonymous Access might play a role in this. If Anonymous Access from a space and the test user lost access. But from what it says Anonymous Access only applies when a user is not logged in so I"m confused ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events