Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Licensing

Hao Doan January 29, 2021

Hello,

I'm trying to reduce our Confluence licenses and want to know if anyone has thought about this. Our company uses Confluence as a KB site. Currently we have 2000 users license for staff and clients. Our staff are 100 and clients are 1500. The clients only have read access to those client's facing spaces and staff have R/W to all spaces. There's a login to for everyone to access the site.

Since Atlassian has gauged the price, I need to find a way to reduce the cost. My questions is can I remove clients out of confluence-users group and into a new group, lets call it confluence-clients. Those clients in the confluence-clients group will not need a license and can still access client's spaces, right? Confluence only look at the confluence-users group as a license group and count those users in that group. Am I wrong on this?

Thanks

Hao

1 answer

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2021

Hello @Hao Doan ,

If they need to login into confluence, the user must be in "confluence-users" group.

once they are in "confluence-users" group . the user is a unit license.

------------

If You want to decrease the license , i've a suggestion.

You can enable anonymous view access to those spaces , and publish confluence internally.

and use it with VPN. so other internet users can't view your spaces.

But your internal users connect through VPN ?

Hao Doan January 29, 2021

Thanks Kagithala!

I'm not a fan of Atlassian price increased and now forcing us to the cloud. We're a small company and probably will look for an alternative to Confluence, Crowd, Bamboo, and JIRA. This BLOWS!!!

Hao

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events