• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Confluence Licensing

Hello,

I'm trying to reduce our Confluence licenses and want to know if anyone has thought about this. Our company uses Confluence as a KB site. Currently we have 2000 users license for staff and clients. Our staff are 100 and clients are 1500. The clients only have read access to those client's facing spaces and staff have R/W to all spaces. There's a login to for everyone to access the site.

Since Atlassian has gauged the price, I need to find a way to reduce the cost. My questions is can I remove clients out of confluence-users group and into a new group, lets call it confluence-clients. Those clients in the confluence-clients group will not need a license and can still access client's spaces, right? Confluence only look at the confluence-users group as a license group and count those users in that group. Am I wrong on this?

Thanks

Hao

1 answer

0 votes

Hello @Hao Doan ,

If they need to login into confluence, the user must be in "confluence-users" group.

once they are in "confluence-users" group . the user is a unit license.

------------

If You want to decrease the license , i've a suggestion.

You can enable anonymous view access to those spaces , and publish confluence internally.

and use it with VPN. so other internet users can't view your spaces.

But your internal users connect through VPN ?

Thanks Kagithala!

I'm not a fan of Atlassian price increased and now forcing us to the cloud. We're a small company and probably will look for an alternative to Confluence, Crowd, Bamboo, and JIRA. This BLOWS!!!

Hao

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Get to know the Confluence team!

Go “behind the screen” to meet some of the Confluence Cloud team. In this video series, we tackle some of the hard-hitting questions you never knew you wanted the answer to!  Meet some of the ...

236 views 0 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you