Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Jira macro shows Descriptions with text format characters

Randy Patterrson February 6, 2023

I have started working at a new company and their Confluence and Jira setup seems to be very vanilla compared to past companies.  I have created a new Confluence page and using the Jira macro to pull in stories from Jira.  I am noticing the Description field is showing markup text for indention, bold, and formatting special characters.  I just want to see the text the way it was displayed in Jira.  Is there a setting that an Administrator has to change so that the Jira macro works doesn't show the format special characters?  

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2023

Hello @Randy Patterrson 

Welcome to the community.

I believe that is happening based on a setting on the Jira side.

On the Jira side there are rendering options that can be selected for Paragraph fields like Description. The two choices are Default Text Renderer and Wiki Style Renderer.

If the Jira Administrators have chosen Default Text Renderer for the field, then you will see the formatting codes rather than the formatted content in Confluence in the Jira macro.

You would need to contact the Jira Administrators to request that the Renderer for that field be changed to Wiki Style.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events