Confluence, Import Wiki-Pages to another space

Thomas Schubert March 11, 2013

Hi,

we are using Confluence 3.4.6 as Enterprise Wiki.

I want to build a space in which we and our contractors maintain together the documentation of our IT processes and server-machines. For this we want to use a company standardized template that I have imported from Word. It consists of several pages and sub-pages, contains instructions for completing the documentation and the editor has only to fill in some content.

My problem now is that the pages are not templates in the sense of Confluence. They are just pages and sub-pages and they are in a different space.
How can now I get the pages (and all the sub-pages plus attachments ) over in one piece to another space? (I just managed to produce an XML-Export of it, but there is no Import-function at the other space.

Additionally: How can I make a template from that?

Thanks for the replies,

T. Schubert

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2013

Hallo Thomas

Just to confirm: From reading your original question, it sounds as if you have two questions:

1) You have already imported the Word documents successfully into a Confluence space, and now you want to move the pages (and all the sub-pages plus attachments ) over in one piece to another space.

Answer: You can move pages from one space to another using "Tools" > "Move" in Confluence. This will move all attachments and child pages too. See the documentation here (for Confluence 3.4):

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF34/Moving+a+Page

2) You would like to convert the pages to Confluence templates.

The only way to do this is to add the templates individually, and copy across the wiki markup from each page into the template.

Here's the documentation on adding a template:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF34/Adding+a+Template

I hope this answers the questions. :)

Cheers, Sarah

Thomas Schubert March 17, 2013

Thank you, that helped me a lot!

Thomas

0 votes
Chung Park Chan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2013

You can refer to this guide for steps to restore a space.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF34/Restoring+a+Space

Do note that you need to have the same major release of Confluence in order to perform the restore, in which is als covered in the guide.

0 votes
Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2013

See Browse->Space Admin->Import Pages from Disk

this will be useful

Sorry but I exported the pages to XML (to be sure to get everything!).

How would I have to export my pages+sub-pages to get them imported without any loss?

Thanx, thomas

furthremore

at Browse->Space Admin->Import Pages from Disk

is is no hint

1. how these "Pages from Disk" have to look like (which format) and

2. wich disk is meant: my C:/ drive?

Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2013

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events