Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence: How do I change the format of date selected by the date picker (//)?

Milan Fikar July 14, 2015

The date coming out of it follows d-MMM-yyyy format, and I'd like to have yyyy-m-d, but don't know how to achieve that. The date format configured in Confluence's General Configuration has no influence over this.

3 answers

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2018

Hi! 

Now it is configurable in language format by profile or in global settings. 

I mean if you select English(UK) it will work as EU date format, instead of US format.

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

oxydaemon September 8, 2018

Hi Gonchik, and Atlassian,

I'm currently having trouble with the 6.11 confluence release - before I upgraded from 6.8, my date picker is showing EU format (dd-mm-yyyy) - after upgrade to 6.11, it is using US format (mm-dd-yyyy) even if language is set to English (UK).

Would you or anyone run into same issue and know the fix?

Thanks,
Kelvin

oxydaemon September 8, 2018

To confirm, I created 2 new instance of confluence using the official Atlassian docker hub images

6.8.1: Issue doesn't exist (right out of the box, date picker shows dd-mm-yyyy format for me)

6.11.0: Date picker defaults to mm-dd-yyyy even though English (UK) is set

Thanks!

Eduardo Balsa October 29, 2018

Having the same issue with 6.12.0

oxydaemon October 29, 2018

I found the issue in the end (for me at least)

Old versions of Confluence ignore the browser language - somewhere between 6.8.1 and 6.11 they enabled it, so after upgrade, it will use the language specified by the browser (and the country settings, English UK or US for example)

I could change the setting on all the browsers on all my machines, but then can't be bothered

On 6.11, I set the below, and then restart, to ignore the browser language.

In /opt/atlassian/confluence/bin/setenv.sh:

CATALINA_OPTS=

"-Dconfluence.browser.language.enabled=false ${CATALINA_OPTS}"

Alternatively changing the language on the browser "should" work.

0 votes
Jesse Lahtinen October 5, 2015

Hi, I run into this same issue with my customers installation. The // notation results in html5 time tag and how the time is displayed is decided by confluence when rendering the page.

Displayed format seems to be effected by system locale and chosen confluence language. And there is no way to override these as far as I know, does Atlassian have any plans to make this configurable? Or is there any workaround?

I this case the locale is fi_FI and confluence language pack is in english. This combination results in a display format which is not english or finish.

Please Atlassian, make this configurable.

Cheers,

Jesse Lahtinen

Polar Shift Ltd.

0 votes
BenoitP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2015

Date is actually displayed differently depending on your local/language computer settings and/or internet browser language settings... (I do not remember which one but it has been confirmed by support somehow...) a user with a German windows will be displayed differently as a user with English one.

This leads to major problems when using this // formatting: see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-33566

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events