Confluence Guest permission interfering with the Linked KBs for Agents

Vinci Louise Morales October 20, 2024

If you have the confluence guest permission on you, you will not be able to view the linked kb articles. But if you removed the confluence guest permission, they are able to access the linked kb articles again. 

We have users who are set as confluence guest on a company wide space that can't access KBs linked to a project due to this.

3 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2024

Hi Vinci,

I suggest you open a support ticket with Atlassian. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2024

Please post back here with what Support says is the solution. 

0 votes
Kristian Klima
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 21, 2024

@Vinci Louise Morales 

Guests are a Confluence only feature and, by definition, a guest can only access ONE assigned Confluence space at a time.

Vinci Louise Morales October 21, 2024

I get that a confluence guest can only access ONE space at a time in Confluence. But the KB Space linking for JSM and Confluence allows a non confluence licensed user to view any article from a linked Space inside JSM. So one would expect that access to those would remain as the confluence guest permission should only be respected within the Confluence App.

0 votes
Bibek Behera
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2024

@Vinci Louise Morales ,

I am keen to understand where the KB are stored and the permission set on the space.

-Bibek

Vinci Louise Morales October 20, 2024

Just for clarity, since my post might have seemed confusing.

I have 2 spaces, [Space 1] one used company wide where people are "confluence guest" and another one [Space 2] used as a kb, linked to a JSM project. Both are in the same Confluence site.

As mentioned above, if you are made as a confluence  guest in [Space 1], You will lose access to the articles from [Space 2] which is linked to a JSM project that you an agent in. Removing the confluence guest permission gives you access to the articles from [Space 2] again.

Permissions are default for [Space 2]

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events