Confluence Goes back to intial setup after exiting Docker

Asif AlWaqfi April 14, 2020

Hi Everyone,

At first I have Confluence, JIRA and MySQL database hosted separately on different Docker container.

I finished setting up confluence and was able to link it with JIRA and everything seems to work perfectly so I closed Docker and turned off the machine (my PC).

The next day, I started Docker and MySQL & Confluence Containers then when I tried to access Confluence I went back to initial setup.

My issue is similar to the link below, but issue closed as answered but I don't think it did.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/When-I-restart-quot-atlassian-confluence-server-quot-docker/qaq-p/1172621

Now I am not sure what to do now and how to fix it? Why did it work in the first place then after container restart it stopped?

Also, setting up confluence is like a flip coin. I had to do the setup (including remove image/container) almost 3 times before it worked for some bootstrap issue but this another story/issue.

Thanks for help,

2 answers

0 votes
repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2020

Please check whether this is available after a restart.

Asif AlWaqfi April 18, 2020

After Docker restart, it overwrite the whole folder.

So what I did is I made a copy of confluence.cfg.xml inside the same folder and restarted docker. So all previous files (after setting up confluence) were deleted and replaced with fresh setup files.

I also compared permission to file after I finished setting up Confluence and after Docker restart, and all have the same file permission.

After Conf. Setup: -rw-r----- 1 confluence confluence 5762 Apr 18 13:31 confluence.cfg.xml

After Docker Restart: -rw-r----- 1 confluence confluence 3706 Apr 18 13:38 confluence.cfg.xml

repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2020

But how does it look like the content of confluence.cfg.xml changed after the Docker restart?
Because the file sizes are different!

repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2020

Please check the content!

Please also check whether the file ... /WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties is retained. The path to the data storage is defined here.

0 votes
repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2020

In my experience, the Confluence always does an initial setup if the confluence.cfg.xml file does not exist or cannot be read (rights problem)

Asif AlWaqfi April 18, 2020

Thank you,

But what kind of permission I need to set? I can't find anything about that .

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events