1. I create a new volume for the confluence server to externalize the CONFLUENCE_HOME data
>>> docker volume create confluence
2. Started the confluece by
docker run -v confluence:/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence --name="confluence1" -d -p 8090:8090 -p 8091:8091 atlassian/confluence-server
3. I have made initial setup, connect confluence to external postgress and we were completely happy before, we tried to restart container (with the same volume and database).
3. Then I stop container by (container stop) and start it by
>>>docker container stop confluence1
>>>docker container start confluence1
4. And now after restart I opened defaut confluence URL, and it offer me to do initial setup again (enter licence and etc)
Hello Konstantin and welcome to the Community!
We appreciate you sharing in detail the steps you have taken to create Confluence within docker and what you did to have Confluence re-present the setup. It sounds as though your Docker service is not able to access (read/write/create) the confluence.cfg.xml file which stores your database configuration and records if your instance has been already created/configured.
Within the docker documentation, the following is noted:
The confluence home directory. This may be on an mounted volume; if so it should be writable by the user confluence. See note below about UID mappings.
Source documentation: https://hub.docker.com/r/atlassian/confluence-server/
Please verify your permissions are configured properly and the user has sufficient permissions to Confluence_home.
- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events