Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I restart "atlassian/confluence-server" docker container I get to initial setup page.

Konstantin Efimov September 7, 2019

1. I create a new volume for the confluence server to externalize the CONFLUENCE_HOME data

>>> docker  volume create confluence

2. Started the confluece by 

>>>docker run -v confluence:/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence --name="confluence1" -d -p 8090:8090 -p 8091:8091 atlassian/confluence-server 

3. I have made initial setup, connect confluence to external postgress and we were completely happy before, we tried to restart container (with the same volume and database).

3. Then I stop container by (container stop) and start it by

>>>docker container stop confluence1

>>>docker container start confluence1

4. And now after restart I opened defaut confluence URL, and it offer me to do initial setup again (enter licence and etc)

Please, help

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave Chevell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2020

For reference, this was a bug that surfaced after we rewrote the bootstrapping process for our Confluence image. We identified the issue fairly quickly and resolved it.

1 vote
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2019

Hello Konstantin and welcome to the Community!

We appreciate you sharing in detail the steps you have taken to create Confluence within docker and what you did to have Confluence re-present the setup. It sounds as though your Docker service is not able to access (read/write/create) the confluence.cfg.xml file which stores your database configuration and records if your instance has been already created/configured.

Within the docker documentation, the following is noted:

CONFLUENCE_HOME

The confluence home directory. This may be on an mounted volume; if so it should be writable by the user confluence. See note below about UID mappings.

Source documentation: https://hub.docker.com/r/atlassian/confluence-server/

Please verify your permissions are configured properly and the user has sufficient permissions to Confluence_home.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events