Confluence Date format help

Casey Maynard April 19, 2018

We all seem to have discovered that the Date Formatter does not work as documented

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/configuring-time-and-date-formats-150144.html

So in the meantime, I am trying to find a way to enter the date using the // shortcut

I would like to be able to paste multiple dates into a table and have them use the // date picker format instead of the straight text, but the GUI does not seem to allow that

Pasting // 19-04-2018 only enters "// 19-04-2018'' instead of the format if I were to type // then type 19-04-2018, which then displays the format as "19 Apr 2018"

My apologies for my frustration but dealing with the numerous 'quirks' in confluence is amazingly disappointing in the flexibility of this application, and to make matters worse no one seems to have any interesting if wanting these simple functions to work.

So I am hoping there is someone out there that has figured out a way to enter the dates into a table using the // date formatter.

1 answer

0 votes
Casey Maynard April 19, 2018

My current solution I

1. have a date in a table cell 06-11-2015,

2. i select the date (via double left mouse (because there does not seem to be a way to select the content of a cell with any other method)

3. I cut that date (using cmd-x)

4. I type //

5. then I paste that date (using cmd-v)

Note: Sometimes the pasting of the date adds an extra carriage return that you may want to remove.  There does not seem to be a pattern as to why these carriage returns are added when I paste the date (my guess a bug the application, so do not get me started on that topic even more)

6. date converted the old format and uses the date formatter format of 06 Nov 2015

This is very time consuming process as I have about 300 lines to convert, but I am posting the current solution so that maybe other can know how to do this manually until there is a fix for the date converter.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events