cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence - Create Jira issue from Confluence Page

Roberto L
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2017

Hello Community,

I am working with Confluence and I wanted to know if there was a way to create a Jira issue from a Confluence page, without having to go through the "highlight Confluence text then click 'Create Issue' and input all information".

I would like to know if I can create a page template "Create Jira Issue" that would have a bunch of text fields that user would fill out and then at the very end a button "Create Jira Issue" that would grab all the information from the text fields and automatically create a Jira issue to a pre-specified project.

Is this possible?

-Roberto

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2017
Roberto L
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2017

Hello @Peter DeWitt,

Do you know if once I hit "run" button in this example if the information inputted disappears or if it is saved in the page? I would like to keep the information available on the page for the user to see and update if need be.

Furthermore, would you know if there is an "update" version of this, such that you can update a Jira issue.

Thank you!

-Roberto

Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2017

@Roberto Luces, I don't currently use the add-on but looked at it a while ago.  I don't remember the details enough to answer your question.  Try it out in a dev environment or email the vendor.  They would probably be willing to help you through a demo.

.pd

ramonde zrihen April 16, 2018

Hi @Roberto Luces :
i found this add on "issue manager for Confluence" which creates issue from Confluence using a form that enables to select project and issue type.

It also updates bidirectional edits both From and IN JIRA or Confluence.
Sadly it doesn't support creating multi issues from Confluence page 

1 vote
Yuval Gershfeld August 5, 2021

Hey @Roberto Luces 

You can try using an add-on like Jcreate that allows you to create a Jira Issue from inside confluence while keeping the Jira experience.

Once Jcreate has created the new Jira issue, Jcreate refreshes and adds the Jira Issue macro to your page. The Jira Links button at the top of the Confluence page will be updated with the new Jira issue, See: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1224226/jcreate?hosting=server&tab=overview

0 votes
Fabian Hußl August 16, 2021

Hi @Roberto Luces , 

you can try using an add-on called "Viable Issues" that allows you to create a Jira Issue from Confluence. 

Viable Issues helps establish standards for task, meeting, quality, and project management. Users can create and manage defined issue types from pages. This brings clearer structure into your collaboration workflow.

See https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220378/viable-issues?tab=overview&hosting=cloud 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events