Confluence - Create Jira issue from Confluence Page

Hello Community,

I am working with Confluence and I wanted to know if there was a way to create a Jira issue from a Confluence page, without having to go through the "highlight Confluence text then click 'Create Issue' and input all information".

I would like to know if I can create a page template "Create Jira Issue" that would have a bunch of text fields that user would fill out and then at the very end a button "Create Jira Issue" that would grab all the information from the text fields and automatically create a Jira issue to a pre-specified project.

Is this possible?

-Roberto

1 answer

1 accepted

Hello @Peter DeWitt,

Do you know if once I hit "run" button in this example if the information inputted disappears or if it is saved in the page? I would like to keep the information available on the page for the user to see and update if need be.

Furthermore, would you know if there is an "update" version of this, such that you can update a Jira issue.

Thank you!

-Roberto

Peter DeWitt Community Champion Dec 05, 2017

@Roberto Luces, I don't currently use the add-on but looked at it a while ago.  I don't remember the details enough to answer your question.  Try it out in a dev environment or email the vendor.  They would probably be willing to help you through a demo.

.pd

Hi @Roberto Luces :
i found this add on "issue manager for Confluence" which creates issue from Confluence using a form that enables to select project and issue type.

It also updates bidirectional edits both From and IN JIRA or Confluence.
Sadly it doesn't support creating multi issues from Confluence page 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in New to Confluence

How to use Confluence Cloud for stakeholder management

Most of us don’t need much convincing that stakeholder management is important. It just makes sense that keeping everyone in-the-know on projects and assigning clearly defined roles is key to having ...

1,146 views 4 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you