Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Cloud for Slack no option for space integration in settings

Sly Stafford March 22, 2020

I am trying to connect Slack and Confluence. By going to space settings I do not see an option for slack integration. I am the admin for both Slack and the space. The add-in is also recognized in Slack. I have tried to follow the recomended documentation for this but still do not see the option. The Jira version of the add-on integrated just fine.

Any guidance is appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2020

Hey Sly, welcome to the Community!

In Confluence, the option should be under the Integrations tab, then Slack Notifications:

image.png

If you're finding this option isn't available, it's possible that the app is disabled in your Confluence site. To correct that, you'll need to get to the app configuration page. There's two different ways to get there:

1. Modify the following URL to reflect your Atlassian Cloud site - https://<yoursite>.atlassian.net/wiki/plugins/servlet/ac/confluence-chats-integration/addon-config-page (or clear out everything after atlassian.net on your site and add /wiki/plugins/servlet/ac/confluence-chats-integration/addon-config-page )
  2. Manually get there by following this path through the user interface:
    1. Go to the Manage Apps page in Confluence Administration
    2. Change the dropdown next to the search box from "User-installed" to "System"
    3. Filter for "Slack"
    4. Click the entry for "Slack Notifications" to expand the app
    5. Click the "Configure" button in the expanded app information

Either way you get there, the configuration page has a big toggle to turn the integration on/off for your entire Confluence site:

image.png

Once the integration is toggled to enabled, you should see it in your space settings under the Integrations tab.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Sly Stafford March 24, 2020

Daniel,

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately when I go to "Manage Apps" nothing comes up for Slack. I did notice that when I installed it did not do it through the UPM and installed through Slack instead, so don't know if I missed something there.

Integration Tab.JPGManage Apps - Slack.JPGSly

Like Jurek Gurycz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events