Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Cloud - How do you add an RSS Feed into a space/page?

Andrew Ko March 16, 2021

Hi,

I was wondering if there is an option where I can integrate an RSS Feed into Confluence page.

That way, I will be able to access updated news within Confluence.

I was exploring for options and noticed that Macros for Cloud were disabled due to security issues, however, that was in 2016.

Is there a possible chance that this option is now available?

Thank you,

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 17, 2021

Hi @Andrew Ko ,

Confluence Cloud doesn't have a direct RSS reader, either as a built-in macro or as a Marketplace app as of today. It seems possible that a developer might take advantage of our new Forge app platform to create a simple RSS feed macro for Confluence Cloud in the future.

However, you can use the iFrame macro today to create an RSS reader of-sorts. In the example here, I used the iframe option on rss.bloople.net (after clicking on the teal "more options" button) to get an HTML-friendly rendered feed. Any service that can render an RSS feed as HTML will work fine here - this one seems straightforward but could be replaced with any other service you find.

image.png

In Confluence, create an iFrame macro on your page and paste the src address into the URL field. You can also use the Styles field on the macro to insert CSS and change the look of the embed.

image.png

I hope that helps solve your use-case! With a little option tweaking and CSS, I believe you can get a pretty nice-looking RSS feed on a Confluence Cloud page today.

Cheers,
Daniel

Andrew Ko March 17, 2021

Hi Daniel,

This is perfect!

Thank you very much!

Like Daniel Eads likes this
0 votes
Sebastian Gellweiler March 4, 2022

Hi, with our add-on mailto.wiki and Inoreader you can convert an RSS feed into blog posts. With Inoreader you can also subscribe to Google News, Facebooks posts, Twitter and other sources. We've written a blog post about it here: https://mailto.wiki/creating-a-daily-news-feed-in-confluence-rss/.

inoreader_result.png

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2021
Andrew Ko March 17, 2021

Hi @Vero Rivas ,

Thank you for sending the posts. However, these articles cover RSS feeds for data centers and server rather than the cloud.

The one article that refers to the cloud is to create an RSS Feed Link for other RSS Feeds to update user on any changes done within confluence. I was hoping for the opposite of this.

I was wondering if there was a way to embed an RSS Feed reader within Confluence, that way everything is accessible in one space, rather than me having to access a different site.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events