Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence: Cannot remove users from some groups as system administrator

Iro Karavasili August 2, 2019

Hello all,

We're using Confluence Server version 6.14.0.
As system administrator I was trying to remove other (inactive) users from confluence-sys-administrators & confluence-administrators groups but I couldn't.
I can only remove them using mySQL commands in database.

I tried the same with other groups and it worked fine.

Is that because the aforementioned groups have global Confluence Administrator permission?

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2019

>I can only remove the using mySQL commands in database.

Doing that can easily result in Jira not being able to remove them in the UI because you've damaged your database.

Your best option now is to restore Jira from the backup you took before you corrupted your database.

Iro Karavasili August 5, 2019

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I had the issue before execute the commands in confluence database

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2019

Then you will need to restore Confluence from a backup taken before you damaged your database with SQL.

Iro Karavasili August 22, 2019

I created the database from scratch and the issue remains.
I think the issue has to do with the directory.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2019

Go to Admin -> manage users and amend them there.  This will either do it correctly (without damaging your database with SQL) or give you an error message telling us why it does not work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events