Confluence Calendars - no reminder emails sent for ANY recurring event

Jiri Pik June 30, 2019

There is a known issue for Confluence Calendars not sending any reminder email for recurrent full day events.

The issue is solved just waits for a release. Would it be possible to push it to a release, please?

For me, I never ever receive any reminder email for ANY recurrent event.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2019

Hello Jiri,

Nice to see you again!

When the fix is ready to be released, the bug ticket will be updated. I would recommend watching the case so you can receive updates when that happens.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Shannon

Jiri Pik July 1, 2019

THANK YOU.

If there is any way you could say hello to the Issue owner to push the Release button, I would appreciate it very much.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2019

Jiri,

I've asked them to provide an update, but I can't ask them to release it if it's not ready yet. I hope to hear back from them soon!

Regards,

Shannon

Jiri Pik July 1, 2019

THANK YOU

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
July 2, 2019

Hello Jiri,

I heard back from the developer. He let me know that the release had already been pushed, but the ticket wasn't up-to-date. The fix has been out since 6.0.14.

If you're still experiencing the same issue, can you confirm your Confluence and Team Calendar versions? Were you able to find any details in the server log files about what happens when the notification should be triggered?

Regards,

Shannon

Jiri Pik July 7, 2019

Hi:

apologies for the delay.

I see the Confluence's calendars are 6.0.32 but still I am NOT getting any reminder to any full day recurring event. 

• Team Calendars (com.atlassian.confluence.extra.team-calendars, Version: 6.0.32, Installed: Jun 13, 2019)

I have a full day event starting on every Sunday with a reminder 5 minutes before the event and no email comes.

The logs have no record of any event at 23:55:00 but do show these problems:

• 2019-07-06 10:44:49,505 ERROR [http-nio-8090-exec-9] [[Standalone].[localhost].[/].[noop]] log Servlet.service() for servlet [noop] in context with path [] threw exception
    org.springframework.orm.hibernate.HibernateOptimisticLockingFailureException: Object of class [java.lang.Object] with identifier [null]: optimistic locking failed; nested exception is net.sf.hibernate.StaleObjectStateException: Batch update returned unexpected row count from update [0]; actual row count: 0; expected: 1
  • 2019-07-06 05:06:08,442 WARN [AtlassianEvent::CustomizableThreadFactory-1] [atlassian.confluence.event.MonitorableCallerRunsPolicy] rejectedExecution Queue Overflow happened: Runnable: [Invoker: SingleParameterMethodListenerInvoker{method=public void com.atlassian.plugin.notifications.dispatcher.NotificationsEventListener.handleEvent(java.lang.Object), listener=com.atlassian.plugin.notifications.dispatcher.NotificationsEventListener@4da40407} (timed); Event: com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.questions.event.ActiveObjectsInitializedAsyncEvent@70712d8f]; Executor: [java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor@55cb2639[Running, pool size = 1, active threads = 1, queued tasks = 192, completed tasks = 299]]

What to do?

Jiri Pik July 9, 2019

@Shannon S :

Is this event consistent with Confluence Calendars not sending out the notification emails?

2019-07-08 05:05:39,763 WARN [AtlassianEvent::CustomizableThreadFactory-1] [atlassian.confluence.event.MonitorableCallerRunsPolicy] rejectedExecution Queue Overflow happened: Runnable: [Invoker: SingleParameterMethodListenerInvoker{method=public void com.atlassian.confluence.notifications.impl.NotificationsEventDispatcher.handleEvent(java.lang.Object), listener=com.atlassian.confluence.notifications.impl.NotificationsEventDispatcher@74c9344b} (timed); Event: com.atlassian.confluence.util.i18n.event.I18NCacheInitEvent@85386c]; Executor: [java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor@251ca964[Running, pool size = 1, active threads = 1, queued tasks = 192, completed tasks = 291]] 
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
July 9, 2019

Hello Jiri,

Apologies for the delay. There don't appear to be enough log files here to determine the cause for your notifications not going out. For your 2nd message, it appears to just be a warning but not an error, so I would be interested to see what is the error behind the messages not going out.

We'll need to have a look at your full log files in order to determine the issue. For this reason, I have created a support ticket for you.  You can check your email for information on that ticket number.

Please ensure to get a copy of your Support Zip where a notification should have been triggered, and attach that to the support ticket. Please also let us know there if any other users are affected.

Once the issue is resolved, please feel free to come back here and let us know what the problem was.

Best regards,

Shannon

Jiri Pik July 9, 2019

THANK YOU.

All users of my Confluence are affected. 

I will revert back once we know the cause.

Like Shannon S likes this
Jiri Pik July 16, 2019

Shannon:

A quick update - your colleague confirmed the problem re-appeared in the latest Team Calendars and is looking into this.

Will update you once I can.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
July 17, 2019

Jiri,

Thank you for the update! Do keep us in the loop. :)

Shannon

Jiri Pik October 21, 2019

Shannon:

It started to work - reminder emails are coming! Bingo!

THANK YOU.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 22, 2019

Great news, Jiri! Glad to hear it's finally working again.

Take care, and until next time. :) 

Regards,

Shannon

burton.roger2 January 27, 2020

Hi @Jiri Pik , I am experiencing a similar situation and would like to further understand your solution. We are on Version 6.0.42 and individual reminders from calendar events are not received consistently. Some folks do, others don't. 

Thanking you in advance

Jiri Pik January 27, 2020

@burton.roger2 - The solution was to upgrade everything. I am on 7.2.1 and all works just as it should.

burton.roger2 January 30, 2020

Hi @Jiri Pik , thanks for prompt response. Can you advise which version of Team Calendar that you are currently on?

burton.roger2 January 31, 2020

Hi @Shannon S, do you know which version this bug was corrected in for Team Calendar? We would like to upgrade to the version that this has been addressed.

Thank you for your assistance.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 4, 2020

Hi Burton,

Jiri was originally testing with Team Calendars 6.0.32, but the bug was supposed to have been fixed in 6.0.14.

The engineer on Jiri's case was able to speak with the development team, and we confirmed that the issue had returned, and so the bug (CONFSERVER-52305) was re-opened and added to the short-term backlog.

In the support ticket, we were able to replicate the behavior with 6.0.32, but not with 6.0.37 (with the exception of all-day events.) In order to workaround the issue with receiving notifications for all-day events, convert any recurring full days to 24hrs, 00:00-23:59 and that will trigger the notification.

I hope that clarifies things for you, but let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Jiri Pik April 12, 2020

@Shannon S - the issue has reappeared again in Confluence 7.3.5 and Team Calendars 6.0.49. 

I am frankly puzzled why this issue keeps reappearing? What is the cause?

And what to do?

Jiri Pik April 14, 2020

I have reopened the underlying support case and was told that general solution to the problem is not yet available. 

Anyway, I do consider Confluence to be one of the best software available today, so there will naturally be minor issue.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 16, 2020

Hi Jiri,

Thank you for following-up. I can confirm it looks like the original bug is still re-opened and there's not yet a solution at this time.

I agree that it's very strange that it went away for you and then came back when the issue was ongoing. But as my colleague Danny mentioned on that case, it can be possible to reoccur until the problem is completely resolved.

I will continue to watch the status of the bug ticket (CONFSERVER-52305) and can update here if there are any updates.

Regards,

Shannon 

Like Jiri Pik likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events