Confluence Attributes Not Synched With AD

LeeJay Dillon January 10, 2023

Hello,

I have User Directories setup to synch with our Windows AD for user attributes but this doesn't seem to be updating an employees position, location, and department in Confluence. There are no errors for the last synchronization and it shows as completed successfully.

We also have a Jira instance that connects to the same directories and the user profile information is correct in Jira. 

How can I ensure the user information is updating correctly in Confluence if a user's attributes aren't matching what is in AD?

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

@LeeJay Dillon do you have an app in Jira that is syncing this information?

LeeJay Dillon April 26, 2023

Hello,

Yes, we have an app that is doing the AD synch and I had opened a ticket with Atlassian and they confirmed that the version of Confluence we are running does not have the ability to perform an attribute synch. So, we may have had an app for Confluence installed at one point that did the attribute synch and we maybe don't have it anymore.

Thanks. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

@LeeJay Dillon That was going to be my feedback as well.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events