Confluence Attachements

BastianO February 11, 2014

Hi,

Is there a macro or something else which i can display all Attachments, that are not linked to a page?

Thanks for your Answers.

Greeting Bastian

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2014

Bastian,

You have the Gallery macro, but this is for displaying files that are already attached to a page.

I wasn't aware that you could have attachments that weren't attached to a page. If that's the case, where do you keep them?

Cheers.

BastianO February 11, 2014

Thank you for your Answer.

I work in a bigger Company and a lot of people are uploading thing (f.E. pdf files). And then they change something and reUpload it. So now they have 2 versions on the page and only using the second file they uploaded. And now I want to know all the files on the page, which are not used. I hope you understand what I want ;)

Greetings

Bastian

0 votes
Josch Bencke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2014

Thats a bit more challenging, if I understand you right: You want to know, which attachments in a space are not referenced out of a wikipage to find out, which are not used ?

The Technical solution would be a script on the "Commandline Interface", I assume. BUT

The Business side is a bit more complicated -

• can you guarantee, that all linked files are truly the most current ones (meaning the users made the effort of uploading the file and editing the page to adjust the name in the link)?
  • can you guarantee, that people do not use the "list all attachments" macro ?
  • can you guarantee, that people not simply rely on all attachments beeing listed under the officeclip icon ?

Might be more usefull to teach people to upload files with the same name OR use IE or Firefox to directly edit officedocuments in the wikipage AND finding out, which files are of XXX days age, requiring people to clean up their area of responsibility.

Good luck anyway ;)

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2014

Indeerdad! Ik weet wat je wil, maar soms gaat het best moelijke met je colleagen. :)

Groetjes.

0 votes
Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2014

Hi Bastian,

the short one, the answer is NO i think.

You can link attachments directly in the page, but there is a lot of macros you can use to get an attachment used in a page like:

• attachments
  • gallery
  • reporting-plugin
  • word/excel/powerpoint
  • and many more

As I understood, your intention is to identify all attachments attached to a page but not used in this or any other page? If so, you have no chance to do so, I think. But maybe someone out here has a clue I don't have?

Regards Steve

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events