Confluence 6 won't start editor

Anton
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 15, 2016

When I install fresh copy of Confluence 6.0.1 and create space, I can't add enything else becouse editor won't load. When i clik on 'Create' button I get red hint 'Loading the editor's taking longer than usual. Give it a few moments, then refresh your page if it still doesn't load. Speak to your Confluence admin if that doesn't fix it'.

When I first time install Confluence it was with free licence and H2 databse everithing works fine. Then I purchace licence and install fresh copy on new VPS with Mysql 5.6. OS is Centos 7 x64 with 8Gb ram.

I try almost everthing with no success. Reinstall Confluence few times with restore old data and without restore.

Also I do the same for JIRA and everthing works fine.

After recheck all premissions on folders and database I dont have a clue what to check next. Logs don't show any errors.

Any suggestion ?

Dragan

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Anton
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 15, 2016

As I expect, solution was in configuration. I installed JIRA first and use it as user manager for Confluence, So when i enable option 'External user management' in Security Configuration of Confluence everything works fine.

Markus Zimmermann
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 17, 2016

I just installed Confluence (Linux Ubuntu 16.10) and created my first space, the editor however doesn't load and a message is displayed:

"Loading the editor's taking longer than usual. Give it a few moments, then refresh your page if it still doesn't load. Speak to your Confluence admin if that doesn't fix it."

I suppose that is what happened to you too? I also had installed JIRA Software first and then Confluence, with JIRA managing users and groups, I enabled the option also in Confluence "external user management" - but still the same issue. sad

RIP Confluence, I guess

12 votes
Richard Freitag
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 22, 2016

I had the same problem and the solution was to deactivate the new collaborative editing feature that seems to be swallowed by some firewalls. If you do not need the feature, go to Admin --> General Configuration --> Collaborative Editing and deactivate it. If you need the features, look at the following page on how to fix it: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/43893571

jwcrawford
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 7, 2018

Thanks, disabling collaborative editing solved this issue for me:

editing.JPG

tmotal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 20, 2018

Had the same issue with Confluence 6.12.0. Deactivating the collaborative editing feature helped. The whole application became instantly faster - much faster. 

Thanks for the tip! Still valid in 2018 :)

marcela furyova
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 1, 2019

Hi all, deactivate Collaborative Editing helps.

Thanks.

marcela

0 votes
rgolebiewski
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 7, 2019

Disabling of Collaborative Editing worked perfectly for me (I lost so many hours trying to figure it out why). Thank you very much!

0 votes
Raphael Aubin May 17, 2018

For Confluence 6.9.0

For my part, I host Confluence on my server and it installed with localhost as Server Base URL (under General Configuration\General Configuration)

When using Confluence outside the server, i've got the error, so to fix the problem, I've just updated the Server Base URL with the public URL and it fix the issue.

0 votes
Mike Pickard July 5, 2017

After updating to Confluence 6.2.3, I had to go into General Configuration --> Administration --> Collaborative Editing and change Editing Mode to Off in order for users to edit any page.

Definately a problem with Collaborative editing and the use of Synchrony.

0 votes
Erkki_Aalto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2017

It is the collaborative editing. You should be able to make it to work with e.g. these proxy settings:

ProxyPass /synchrony-proxy http://localhost:8090/synchrony-proxy

<Location /synchrony-proxy>
Require all granted
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP:UPGRADE} ^WebSocket$ [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP:CONNECTION} Upgrade$ [NC]
RewriteRule .* ws://localhost:8090%{REQUEST_URI} [P]
</Location>

This works even when you use ajp-proxy for everything else.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events