Confluence 4.3 tasks / notifications do not load

George Crombie September 5, 2012

Upgraded to latest Confluence 4.3. Everything looks good can add task lists and assign tasks but the main menu "inbox" for tasks and notifications nothing loads. Just spinning circle "wait". We have our users coming from our Jira instance on the same server.

Update: See answer below. This is only a problem in IE8. Works fine in IE9.

10 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mark Hrynczak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2012

I believe that this behaviour is caused by running IE 8 in Compatibility View. Can you try turning off the compatibility view and see if the problem persists?

George Crombie September 20, 2012

Mark, that worked. Looks like it was automtically setting compatibility view on all "Intranet" sites. Our Confluence site is internal.

In IE you go under Tools->Compatibility View Settings and then uncheck "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View".

1 vote
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2012

Hallo all

Thanks for reporting this problem. I've raised a bug report on our issue tracker: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-26648

If you like, you can watch the issue to be informed of progress, and possibly to help the development team with additional information about your environment.

Cheers, Sarah

0 votes
Olli Nevalainen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2013
0 votes
MohamedG March 10, 2013

same problem with v4.3.7. However we are not planning to upgrade to the v5.
Could you give a patch to fix it within the v4.3.7? or publish a new v4.3.8?
This is quite urgent and critical for us as all our employees are using IE8.

Thank you in advance
Gargouri

0 votes
James Milne October 24, 2012

If IE8 Is running in IE7 compatibility mode and cannot be disabled then adding the following to the document header might help. I'm not sure what other problems this might cause, but it certainly helped me solved some problems I had with my own web applications that use jQuery.

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8" />

0 votes
BillA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2012

Hi there, please file a support ticket at https://support.atlassian.com/ so that they can help you troubleshoot the issue.

0 votes
Ray Hundley September 14, 2012

We are having the same issue using IE8. The only way I have found to get around it is to access the confluence instance using the IP address of the server (e.g. 172.168.0.1:8091) instead of the server name (e.g. WEBSERVE:8091). I'm not a networking person so I have no reason why this makes a difference.

BTW, this make no difference in Chrome or Firefox. It just works.

0 votes

Tested with IE9 and it works fine. So this is only a problem with IE8. Now I have to make sure we can switch to IE9 as our corporate standard :)

Ray Hundley September 14, 2012

I am having the same issue as well. Since IE8 is our corporate standard and not likely to change for at least a year I can't roll out this new version of confluence. Atlassian's support of IE8 (which is still a corporate standard in many, many organizations) seems to be lacking, I've had similiar issues in JIRA 5.0

0 votes

Update: I can view my task list from my phone in the new mobile view, but not from the web site directly. Could it be the version of IE I'm using? We are using IE 8.0?

0 votes
Jeison
Atlassian Team
September 5, 2012

Hi there,

Have you tried re-indexing your instance?

This might solve your problem. It must be in Browse>Confluence Admin then Content Indexing.

Cheers!

Hi Jeison, thank you for the response. Yes that was the first thing we tried, we've also tried restarting the confluence service, no luck. Thanks again.

Andreas Maier September 11, 2012

We have the same Problem. Is there an open Ticket @Atlassian?

tim test September 12, 2012

Having the same issue here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events