Confluance LDAP group rename

Michal Machniak April 13, 2017

Hello,

We have latest version of Jira/Confulance connected to LDAP.  We like to change name of some groups in LDAP, all is working fine in Jira ... but on Confulance we have group dose not exist. I found -sql script to change it on DB

Update cwd_group set group_name='DEV_Jira_Con_AD_Changed', lower_group_name='DEV_Jira_Con_AD_Changed' where lower_group_name='DEV_Jira_Con_AD';
Update content_perm set groupname='DEV_Jira_Con_AD_Changed' where groupname='DEV_Jira_Con_AD';
Update spacepermissions set permgroupname='DEV_Jira_Con_AD_Changed' where permgroupname='DEV_Jira_Con_AD'

Change is working on 80%, I see changed group name and can chack properties and see members, but when I log in on confluance user form renamed group, I cannot enter spaces where reanem group was added. But I see all activity on my profile.

Is there a way to do i ?

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2017

Those are the right queries, you should be able to access the spaces when logging in as a member of the new group name. Have you restarted the instance or flushed the database cache since running them?

To flush the cache:

Go to Confluence Admin > General Configuration > Cache
Management.
Locate 'Database Queries' and click the Flush link to the right of it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events