cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confiforms Table loading slow and Export - Issue

Appandairaj Jinendradass November 19, 2020

Hi Team,

I hope you are well and staying safe.

We have a mini portal where we maintain one of our inventory using confiforms for add & modifying records which works perfectly. The data is stored in the confluence (around 1000 records, in terms of volume) and not in any Database.

We use confiforms table view to display the records and having couple of issues.

(1) Data loading is taking too long to load in the table view, almost up to 60 seconds. Tried disabling the page re-index but no change

(2) if we restrict the table on the numbers of rows using pagination, search is including only on the rows displayed rather than all records

(3) another issue, if we restrict the number of records, when we export the table it exports only the records displayed rather than the whole 1000+ records

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Raj

2 answers

0 votes
its moi March 10, 2021

Hi, I would like to pick this up, as I have exactly the same questions: 

We have a book list (library) done with Confiforms, currently around 1,000 records. We are using categories that can be used in filters, BUT

I cannot find a good way to search over several fields in ALL items properly. Sometimes categories are not enough to find the right item. When listing all books in a table view I can use the search included in the view. But if I use pagination, search results will only include what is currently on screen. 

I would like to perform a free text search over several fields (title, description, tags) to get the dynamic results in my view - without having to display all items at first with a loading time around 20 seconds. 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2021

Let's figure out WHY does it take so much time to render! 

But if I use pagination, search results will only include what is currently on screen. 

If you click on search button then you will see all the results from the form's dataset filtered for you. You are mixing here the inline filtering and the search itself. Basically, not really doing the search

I would like to perform a free text search over several fields (title, description, tags) to get the dynamic results in my view - without having to display all items at first with a loading time around 20 seconds. 

Free text search is as easy as this

myfield:*term*

So it will find all the records that have "term" in the "myfield" field

See more on https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/ConfiForms+Filters 

Alex

its moi March 12, 2021

Hi @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ , thanks for the hint. I really did not think of clicking the search button, as entering a search term also brings results - but in this case only from the data on the current page. I am talking about the search field you can activate in view configuration with "Enable instant search field over the table data", not sure what you mean with inline filtering.

How can we figure out, why it needs such a long time to load? My form retrieves no external data, but has a smart multilabel field. Our performance on the system is not the best, we are also having many addons. But still I think that the loading time is too much in this case. 

Also when having all records in the view, entering a search term is interrupted after first character - after quite a while results are displayed and more entered characters appear. Especially as there is no indication of loading data (progress bar or such) and users may think the browser has crashed. You can see this in my screen capture.

Still I could live with using a pagination of 10 and adding a textual instruction on how to use the in-view search for now :) 

https://clipchamp.com/watch/t621ReIPbYZ

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2021

I suggest you remove your link from a public forum and let's have a discussion through our support channel

Alex

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2020

Hi

A lot depends what data is rendered with ConfiForms - does your form has fields that use Jira or external services, or may be smart fields that use the data from other forms.

1. Re-indexing doe snot help here, as the issue is with the data you render and in what amount. How user friendly it is to render 1000+ records to your users!? That's the question. 

2. There is a filtering and searching - try clicking on search icon to see "remote results"

3. You export what you see. But you can always create own export links to export data from ConfiForms (that includes customizing your export) https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Data+Export+tricks+and+hints 

Alex

Excellent. Thanks for quick response Alex. 

No the form doesn't use any external services but yes there is a smart field.

(1) We are fine with displaying 25-30 records but ability to export all records when enable export is enabled.

(2) Are you referring to page search on top of the page?

Raj

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2020

So, smart field is on another form - does that has Jira fields?

1. see the link I have provided in my previous comment 

2. no, I refer to ConfiForms search box and the button next to it

So, smart field is on another form - does that has Jira fields?

No, Jira fields.

I have even tried removing the smart fields in the table-view but no difference

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2020

Feel free to open support ticket with us, and we can help you to investigate the slowness.

https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/VERTUNA/Support+Request+Form

Difficult to say why is that without knowing form configuration and not seeing real rendering numbers (from Confluence logs)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events