Confiforms: Send E-Mail with variable image in mail body

Jan Priebe October 20, 2021

Hello Community, 

I am in need for help regarding Confiforms: 

With an IFTTT I am able to send an email for newly created records. I also managed to attach files using the attachments picker field type, easy. 
Is there any way to get images sent within the email body? Using the method mentioned above, images will be sent as attachments to the mail. We are using Outlook/Exchange - I am not really sure if my wish can be fulfilled by any setting or configuration in Confiforms anyway.. Thanks in advance for any hint :) 

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2021

Hi

Files (and images) are sent as attachments. We dont support inline images in ConfiForms at this point

Alex

Markus Hintzsche November 29, 2022

It's a pitty :-( Are there any plans to do so? I'm currently facing the same issue. I want to send a confluence-Page (that contains images) per Mail with Send Mail IFTTT and Include Page Macro.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2022

To be clear - you can send emails that have rich text contents, including images.

However, images in this case are not sent with the email message body, but are “external contents”.

My earlier answer was about embedded images (where an email is sent with a rich contents and the images are embedded right into the contents)

Alex

Fady Mousa October 24, 2023

Hi @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_  Is there any update so far on this matter??

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2023

What “update” are you looking for to get?

Fady Mousa October 24, 2023

i mean if its possible now to sent an Email  with a rich contents and the images are embedded right into the contents??

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2023

You can send emails with a rich contents - emails sent via ConfiForms are always in HTML format 

Alex

Like Fady Mousa likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events