cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conf4.0 - Clipboard paste into editor - hung script

Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2011

I just shared a preview of Confluence 4.0 with my work group. I got asked about copy/paste of markup into the new editor. I tested it live, creating some markup content in Windows WordPad (Win7) and it failed to recognize it. (Maybe the wiki markup macro will handle it.). However, then I converted to actually formatting the text in WordPad and pasting it into the editor. The browser was IE8 and I got a hung script on page error as a result.

Find the WordPad file here: http://real-lutheran.org/WordPad_Fail.rtf

1 answer

0 votes
John Masson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2011

Hi Kevin,

To answer the first part of your question, ues if you use 'Insert' > 'Wiki Markup' and paste your sample code in it will indeed convert it, but not if you paste it straight into the editor.

I've also tried pasting in the contents of your attached file as it's formatted and it didn't have any freezing issues. I was using Chrome on OSX though, unfortunately don't have IE8 handy but I'll flick this on to someone who does to see if they can reproduce it.

Thanks,

John

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events