Conditional Formating dates

Leslie Du May 27, 2020

Hi, I wanted to format in a way that when dates passing today will turn into a different color. I know how to do this in excel but is this doable in Confluence? If yes how do I do it? Thanks!

3 answers

2 votes
Katerina Rudkovskaya _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 9, 2024

Hi guys,

Please let me mention the app that we develop regarding the case – Table Filter, Charts & Spreadsheets.

You’ll be able to compare dates and set the corresponding cell background working with native Confluence tables (please check the Table Transformer macro) and using Excel-like spreadsheets (the Table Spreadsheet macro will do the trick here).

Fri 3-1.png

If you are not familiar with the app, you may book a live demo from our team – we’ll be happy to arrange it.

0 votes
Juliette Lallement _Elements Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 8, 2024

Hi @Leslie Du and @Pansilu Diegayu Wickramasinghe 

My answer probably comes a bit late but just in case you or anyone else are still looking for a solution to your problem, the third-party app Elements Spreadsheet can cover this need using the Project Tables macro: 

conditional coloring for due dates.png

You can decide to color up the Due Date cell or the entire row at your convenience. 

Should you have any questions, I'm happy to help!

Disclaimer: I am the Product Manager of the app

0 votes
repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2020

@Leslie Du 

Without knowing what data it should be and where it should be displayed, I would say that this is not possible with the standard functionality of confluence.
If you describe exactly which data should be displayed where in color, the community may be able to give you additional apps that can do this.

Leslie Du May 27, 2020

So in one of the pages, we want to have a table which includes a set of dates and events, and for tracking purpose we are hoping the date which passed today can automatically turn red. Does this provide more detail?

repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2020

@Leslie Du 

Should it look like this?

tasklist.png

This is done in the editor with the button "tasklist"

tasklist 2.png

Like Gabriella Molnar-Toth likes this
Pansilu Diegayu Wickramasinghe January 2, 2021

Hello there, I have the same question, I want to format a column in my table so that the dates passing today would turn red and if the date is closer than or equal to 6 months from now it would turn yellow and if the date is greater than 6 months it would turn green. I'm not too sure about how to do this on confluence. If there's a method you can help me out with, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events