Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compare two pages with same template in a table

Adrien October 9, 2019

Hello,

I'm discovering Confluence and I'm looking if it would be able to achieve what I am looking for.

We would create pages with a personal template and use the same template every time. But what we would like to achieve with this is the possibility to select different pages and do like some comparison in a table of each field of the template for each pages like you would do in some website that sell electronics for example you can select multiple computers and compare them to each other with the characteristics in a table reviewer.

I'm not sure my demand is explicit so do not hesitate to ask for more information.

Thank you very much.

1 answer

0 votes
Sireesha Dugginapeddi [Appfire]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2019

Hi @Adrien

I am not sure if there is straight way of doing it. You can try exporting the content of both the pages to word or PDF, and compare. Or though it sounds tedious, try to - copy paste the page 1 contents to a new page, publish and edit the page to delete the content and copy paste the page 2 contents, publish, and do a version comparison to see the differences.

Also, this community question suggests using a plugin or python script to compare two pages.

Hope one of these tedious but viable solutions help you!

Thanks

Sireesha

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events