Commenting

Craig_Klopper March 30, 2020

Hi all, sincere apologies if this is already available somewhere, I did search in earnest but couldn't find anything. 

Basically what I am looking for is training material that shows users when, how and why to use the different commenting functionality. i.e. When and how to use a page comment vs. an inline comment/tag as an example. 

What are the best practice use cases for the different commenting functions built into Confluence? Coming from a n00b. Appreciate your help! Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2020

Hi @Craig_Klopper

This help page is a good summary of the different types of comment.

When to use a comment is more down to personal usage - for example, is this a public Knowledge Base or for private internal document storage? The site's use case will change the use of comments.

For example, we use our Confluence site as an internal help site, so our general direction is:

• Page Comments: Used by users to ask questions, suggest enhancements or updates, etc
  • Inline Comments: Used by team members (and users) to point out spelling mistakes, specific errors or clarify a specific meaning - especially used prior to a page being publicly shared

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events