Colour Schemes and custom themes

Michal Wojtas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 16, 2017

Atlassian updated the UI of my Confluence Cloud on Tuesday. It now has tons of sidebare everywhere.

Before the change I was able to set different colour schemes for different spaces which I did for users to be able to discern them quickly.

Now I can do this just for my sites in general and the changes (sidebar colour) will be applied to ALL spaces. I cannot override this for any individual space even though it is described here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/customize-your-space-724764768.html I think this guide is outdated.

I definitely am the Admin of the site and spaces in question.

Can anyoune tell me how/where to set a new colour scheme for a single space?

This is what I see in the Space tools > Look and Feel menu now (no Colour Scheme tab):

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 13.48.46.png

2 answers

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2017

Hi @Stephen Deutsch, and Michal,

I've spoken to the team, and this particular feature of Confluence is being discontinued. Please see Custom Space Color Schemes are Going Away. This is unfortunate but I am hopeful that you will be able to use the theming add-ons recommended to accomplish what you require.

Let us know if you have any questions about this.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2017

Good to know, thanks for the update!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2017

Anytime, Stephen!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Michal Wojtas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 16, 2017

Thank you both. It's good to have this confirmed. 

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2017

According to the answer here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Change-space-color-with-new-Confluence-experience/qaq-p/622203

it doesn't seem to yet be possible, and there's no timeline from Atlassian yet for when/if this will be reimplemented, unfortunately.

@Shannon S Do you happen to have any more information?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
August 16, 2017

Hi Stephen!

Let me see what I can find out for you. : )

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events