Collect data from different page

Feliks Dzhegutanov September 29, 2019

Dear Community 

How can I automate 2 field catalogs: client and technology?
If I add the Client 5 page, it should automatically appear on the page ACME Company technologies portfolio

Page 1 - ACME technologies portfolio

Technology 1 - used by Client 1, Client 2, Client 3

Technology 2 - used by Client 1, Client 2, Client 4

Technology 3 - used by Client 2, Client 3

Page 2 - Client 1 

Technology used: 

Technology 1 

Technology 2

Page 3 - Client 2

Technology used: 

Technology 1 

Technology 2

Technology 3

Page 4 - Client 3

Technology used: 

Technology 1 

Technology 3

Page 5 - Client 4

Technology used: 

Technology 2

3 answers

1 vote
Natalie Paramonova _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2019

Hi Feliks,

As @Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_  said Page Properties and Page Properties Report macros are a great solution for pulling data from separated pages and creating a master table. But they do only half the job.

For example, you create a page for each client and insert the Page Properties macros: 

2019-09-30_15h03_47.png

Then you create a master table with the help of the Page Properties Report macro. After that, you can wrap it in the Pivot Table macro (one of the macros included in our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app) to aggregate data:

2019-09-30_15h04_01.png

The Literal operation type allows you to output the list of clients who uses a certain technology, for instance, as a bulleted list:

2019-09-30_15h04_21.png

Feliks Dzhegutanov October 1, 2019

Thank you for detailed explanation. But i try to find native solution, wo additional plugins

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2019

I would use the "include" (or possibly the include-excerpt) macro to pull the data from the other pages.

Feliks Dzhegutanov October 1, 2019

I try, but still can't. Can i ask about small example?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2019

Imagine you have a page called "source", and you want to show all of it in another page called "target".

Add the macro {include} where you want "source" to appear, and when it asks you what page to include, tell it "source"

0 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 29, 2019

In addition to @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- answer,

Consider the usage of Page Properties Macro in conjuntion withPage Properties Report Macro

You can create useful dynamic tables using this two macros

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events