It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Collect data from different page

Dear Community 

How can I automate 2 field catalogs: client and technology?
If I add the Client 5 page, it should automatically appear on the page ACME Company technologies portfolio

Page 1 - ACME technologies portfolio

Technology 1 - used by Client 1, Client 2, Client 3

Technology 2 - used by Client 1, Client 2, Client 4

Technology 3 - used by Client 2, Client 3

Page 2 - Client 1 

Technology used: 

Technology 1 

Technology 2

Page 3 - Client 2

Technology used: 

Technology 1 

Technology 2

Technology 3

Page 4 - Client 3

Technology used: 

Technology 1 

Technology 3

Page 5 - Client 4

Technology used: 

Technology 2

3 answers

1 vote

I would use the "include" (or possibly the include-excerpt) macro to pull the data from the other pages.

I try, but still can't. Can i ask about small example?

Imagine you have a page called "source", and you want to show all of it in another page called "target".

Add the macro {include} where you want "source" to appear, and when it asks you what page to include, tell it "source"

Hi Feliks,

As @Jack_Nolddor__Sweet_Bananas_  said Page Properties and Page Properties Report macros are a great solution for pulling data from separated pages and creating a master table. But they do only half the job.

For example, you create a page for each client and insert the Page Properties macros: 

2019-09-30_15h03_47.png

Then you create a master table with the help of the Page Properties Report macro. After that, you can wrap it in the Pivot Table macro (one of the macros included in our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app) to aggregate data:

2019-09-30_15h04_01.png

The Literal operation type allows you to output the list of clients who uses a certain technology, for instance, as a bulleted list:

2019-09-30_15h04_21.png

Thank you for detailed explanation. But i try to find native solution, wo additional plugins

In addition to @Nic_Brough__Adaptavist_ answer,

Consider the usage of Page Properties Macro in conjuntion withPage Properties Report Macro

You can create useful dynamic tables using this two macros

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

109 views 3 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you