Code block macro - regressive changes are so damn frustrating

Colin Colwell September 12, 2022

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-the-code-block-macro/

I was a big fan of the code block macro in on-prem. Now in cloud the macro has been scaled down to the code snippet element, which has much less functionality and no ability to really do much of any customizations with the macro.

I realize going from on-prem to Cloud presents some challenges to retain all of the same functionality, but this is highly frustrating when formerly available functionality is removed. This is progress???

Are there any options in Cloud that can replicate the former functionality?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2022

None that I have seen, no.  You might find something with an add-on, but the default behavior updates are (as you stated), part of the tradeoff for Cloud vs On Prem versions.

Some addon vendors reply in these forums, and others may have an idea of how to work around the issue, though. Following this thread now, since that feature is one some of my team use a lot too.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events