Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Migration Assistant unavailable in Find Apps

Mark Wickens April 2, 2020

I have followed the instructions to add Cloud Migration Assistant to my Confluence cloud server instance, but it is not available in the list of applications. Is this a restriction on the Free instance, or am I missing something? I also went to a different page that let me download the jar file, but I don't see how I can upload an enable that for the cloud version either. 

Thanks for the help, Mark.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2020

Hello @Mark Wickens ,

Please notice that Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant is only available for Confluence Server (on premise).

That's because it only works to migrate content from Confluence Server to Confluence Cloud:

The Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant is an app that helps you easily move content, users, and groups from Confluence Server or Data Center to Confluence Cloud.

Since you are using Confluence Cloud it is perfectly normal that you cannot find the app.

I hope this explains.

Cheers,
Dario

0 votes
Mark Wickens April 30, 2020

Hi Dario, OK I understand thank you.

I have a backup from a previous, now deleted on-premise instance, so was hoping to restore that into the cloud. I'm guessing I need to restore the on-premise server instance first then migrate.

Mark.

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2020

If you start a Confluence only Cloud instance you can also restore the backup straight in there, and you can add Jira afterwards. 

Otherwise, if you already have both, Jira and Confluence, then using a staging Confluence Server together with the migration assistant can be the way to go.

Cheers,
Dario

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events