Children display macro in customer Knowledge Base

Jarrett Prosser January 8, 2023

I have several clients who need access to some common content through their Service Management's Knowledge Base, which also having pages that are unique to them.

To allow this, I'm using two different confluence spaces (call them Common and Customer). In the home page for Customer, I have a Children Display macro which targets a page in Common. Both spaces are linked to the Service Management project. 

When I view the Knowledge base as a customer, I get the following error in the Children display macro: 

Unable to render {children}. We can't show you this information because you don't have access to the content.

However, as a customer, I am able to actually search and view the target page through the Knowledge Base. Is there some restriction to referencing a different space using the Children Display macro? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2023

Hi @Jarrett Prosser 

Usually, this error appears because the user does not have access to the other Space - they need at least view access to the page in "Common"

Can I confirm that the customers have access to both the parent page in "Customer", and the child page in "Common", separately?

Ste

Jarrett Prosser January 9, 2023

Yep, that's correct. Both the Common and Customer spaces are linked to the service management project, and as a customer I can search for and successfully view the target page in Common.

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2023

Hi @Jarrett Prosser 

I tested this, and it worked the same for me as it did for you.

I couldn't find a way to make this work using the Knowledge Base and standard customer permissions. It might be a bug, or it might be a restriction that you cannot refer across multiple Spaces in this manner.

There's a few options you could explore:

Ste

Jarrett Prosser January 10, 2023

Thanks Stephen, I appreciate you reproducing it. I'll go ahead and report it as a bug. Cheers!

Jarrett Prosser January 11, 2023

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events